Employment at the Adventure Earth Centre
~ Make a Difference for Young People and the Earth
One of the Adventure Earth Centre's strongest assets has always been its diverse and talented staff. We hire 16 people each spring to deliver the Vision 20/20 residential environmental education program for Grade 8 students, which goes from the last week in April to mid-June. The application deadline for 2011 Vision 20/20 staff positions is February 11.
Download the application package
( PDF Download)
Key attributes we are looking for in rounding out a staff team...
- Educators with experience in environmental education
- Undergrad and grad students from Recreation, Biology, Environmental Studies, Environmental Sciences and/or the Fine Arts
- Education students interested in teaching secondary students
- A background in residential and/summer camps
- Teachers looking to gain experience in delivering environmental education
- Drama and/or musical expertise with experience working with youth
We also hire staff to run summer camps and programs but these staff are typically youth already involved with the Centre and/or those who worked the season at Vision 20/20. Applications for summer staff position are handled centrally by HRM Recreation.